Scenes of the North / Northern Community
Working in the North
People in the North / Fun Outside
Check back here for news about 2017's exciting contest!
Category 1: Working the North - photos of northern Albertans at work in the Forestry, Oil & Gas, Waterworks, Healthcare and Agriculture industries.
Category 2: Northern Community - photos of northern Alberta's towns, cities, hamlets and homesteads
Category 3: Fun Outside - photos capturing the outdoor activities that enhance our quality of life in northern Alberta including, but not limited to camping, fishing, sledding, ATVs, skiing, etc.
Category 4: Wild North - photos of wild animals, insects, flowers, plants and the natural landscapes where they live and grow.
1st Prize in 'Working the North' and 1st Prize in 'Northern Community' will receive a $200 Visa Gift Certificate
2nd Prize in 'Working the North' and 2nd Prize in 'Northern Community' will receive a $100 Visa Gift Certificate
1st Prize in 'Fun Outside' and 1st Prize in 'Wild North' will receive a $100 Visa Gift Certificate.
2nd Prize in 'Fun Outside' and 2nd Prize in 'Wild North' will receive a $50 Visa Gift Certificate.
By entering you agree to abide by all contest rules, and to have fun.
- Limit of 2 entries per person, per category. No photo-shopping.
- Entries will be judged the first week of December 2016 and winners announced the week of December 5th, 2016. Winning entries will be selected by Government of Alberta employees representing a variety of ministries
- By entering this contest you agree to allow the NADC to use your name and photographs in its promotional publications, on its website or in other online forms such as social media sites. Any photo submitted may be shown throughout the contest on NADC's social media posts.
- You agree to allow your photograph to be cropped or otherwise altered to fit into promotional publications.
- If entering a photo of a person or people, you must provide a signed release from any recognizable individual (Photo Contest Release Form)
- Photographs must be taken within the NADC boundaries.
- Entries must be received on or before midnight November 30, 2016.
- The photo must not have been submitted to any other photo contest.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
Complete a contest entry form and attach with the submitted photo(s). The personal information that youprovide to the NADC will be used for the purpose of administering this contest. It is collected under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) and is protected by the provacy provisions of the Act. If you have any questions about he collection of this information, please see the contact information below.
Please send digital pictures in either .jpeg or .bmp format - it must be able to print clearly as an 8x10 print. Try to keep the pictures under 4MB.
Mail (disc, USB, etc.):
Northern Alberta Development Council
Peace River, AB
Or drop off at our office in Peace River:
206 Provincial Building on 9621-96 Avenue