Our region represents 60% of Alberta’s landmass and only 9% of the total population.
- 100% of the province’s mineable oil sands development
- 21% of provincial crop production
- 10% of provincial livestock production
- 86% of the province’s forests
- Growth pressures on physical and social infrastructure
- A shortage of skilled workers
- A need for broader economic diversification
Living in the North
This is the right place to start or advance in your career – and the cool thing is that you can find new opportunities just about everywhere. Whether you choose to live in a small town, mid-sized city or way out in the country – you’ll always be close to great jobs, incredible natural beauty and vibrant community life.
We’re Canada’s outback – a vast area of grandiose lakes, mighty rivers, abundant wildlife and untapped wilderness. Outdoor opportunities abound, including mountain biking, horseback riding, canoeing, jet boating, ATVing, and hiking in the summer, and snowmobiling, dog sledding, downhill and cross country skiing, snowshoeing and ice fishing in the winter. Plus there are the incredible Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis)!
Click here to answer our survey question.