First Nation, Métis and Inuit Bursary
The First Nation, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) NADC Bursary is a return service bursary of varying amounts. Students in pre-apprenticeship training, or in a certificate or diploma studies can access up to $6,000 for their studies. Students in a Bachelor’s, Masters’ or PhD program can access $10,000 per year for any year of their studies.
You may receive a FNMI NADC Bursary if you:
- Have been a resident of Alberta for 12 consecutive months before the start of your program
- Are enrolled fulltime in a post-secondary program that is designated for provincial funding
- In a program that is at least 12 weeks in length for half of a bursary or 16 weeks for a full bursary
- Are not in default of a provincial student loan
- Can provide proof of Aboriginal Ancestry (see application for more detail)
Return Service Commitment
Selected recipients sign a return service contract with Alberta Advanced Education.
To apply for this bursary, use the PDF application provided here. Mail your completed original application to:
NADC Bursary Program
Room 206, 9621 – 96 Avenue
Peace River, AB T8S 1T4
Faxed or emailed applications will NOT be accepted.